Re: New Fares in NSW

Hi,

Peter R K wrote in message <7gejsa$njb$1@toto.tig.com.au>...
>Good to see that the N.S.W. Government announced today that rail and
>government bus fars are going to rise by anything up to 35%. Isn't it
>strange how they didn't announce it before the election a month ago??

You are joking right? You don't really expect an Australian government to be
honest with its public do you? :) It doesn't surprise me that they left it
until after the election. It is about time they made all public transport
free and collected the revenue from petrol. What % of revenue does it take
to collect and count all the money I wonder.