Re: Melbourne's 4D set - Where does it run.

On Sun, 2 May 1999, Chris Downs wrote:

> Can anyone advise of 4D's territory?

Lilydale Line.

> Does it always run?

Usually.  If it it's not on it's usual roster, it'll be in one of the
following places:  Spencer St Lay By Sidings, Burnley Stabling Sidings,
Camberwell Sidings, or Bayswater Mainetance Centre.

> Does it have a set run(s)?  If so what is it/are they?

It runs Monday to Friday only.
Check out
http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278/sparks/4D_Double_Deck_History.html
for the full story and it's schedule.  If this URL doesn't work, go to my
home page (URL below), and follow the sparks link.
It is currently the only spark with Hillside Trains stickers / ID on it.

> Anything else in Suburban Melbourne that's a must see these days (I last
> left Melbourne on the 1st SEX however many years ago)?

Must see??  ~Interesting~ Stuff includes:  Bayside Logos on about 50% of
Bayside's Comeng fleet, and 2 Hitachi motors.  112M (AC Traction motors)
is in service, with Bayside.  Flinders St Platfrom 6 & 7 is out of
service, most of ramp to the Swanston St concourse should be ripped up by
now.

Gareth.

Gareth Lumsden, s9763278@minyos.its.rmit.edu.au
**** NOW UPDATED **** - http://minyos.its.rmit.edu.au/~s9763278
"Windows 98 could not find ding.wav - Reformat C Drive? Y/Y"
"Slam forehead on keyboard to continue"