Crap Maps -- was Re: Second rate Melbourne stations

> Don't trust every map. I have a copy of a 1992 CFA map which shows the
> Lancefield - Kilmore line which was closed 15 Jul 1903.
>
> David Langley.

Very true.  I have a supposedly current Optus mobile digital telephone coverage
map for
Victoria, Tasmania and Sth NSW dated November 1998.  It is based on an AUSLIG
map and shows an inordinate number of long closed railway lines including:

Nyora-Wonthaggi
Carlsruhe - Daylesford - North Creswick (!!!)
Whittlesea
Kerang - Stony Crossing(!)
Millewa South
Warrnambool-Hawkesdale (but no further)
Elmore to Diggora West then Gunbower to Cohuna but not in between
Wangaratta-Bright and Beechworth
Wiltshire to Stanley and Smithton
Bungendore to Captains Flat
Wagga Wagga to Tumbarumba
Cootamundra-Tumut-Batlow-Kunama(!)
The Rock - Westby
and very many others

Of these lines, only one - Westby, is marked as disused.