Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

In <3728aabb.5903813@news.ozemail.com.au> kingpin1@ozemail.com.au (Derek Woodlands) writes:

>The better way would be to have an extra driver waiting at the destination.
>Train pulls in, he jumps in the rear car, driver who took the train in locks his
>cabin etc, hops out and the other driver takes control.

>The driver who hops out can them amble up to the other end of the platform at
>his leisure to take control of the next train.

Makes great sense, although I work at Waterfall depot, and it along with
Cronulla depot are the only two depots never qualified for Olympic Park when
the line was opened up for last years Easter Show, so unless management pull
their head out of the sand I'll never go there to see any of the train
working.. sigh..

In a way it could be a godsend because when I'm doing standby at Central the
only trains I'll be able to work are quay circles, bondi circles, Hornsby's
and Illawarra line trains.. Suits me fine - keeps me well away from the
Olympic humdrum. 8-)

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport