Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

In <g2UU2.1387$zn1.12705@nswpull.telstra.net> "John" <johnst@aics.net.au> writes:

>>But as both Platform O and Olympic Park are straight platforms, sighting
>>issues should not be a concern.

>The new platform at Lidcombe isn't straight is it?

Not quite, but it's straight-ish enough imho to not need to worry about
guard's siting distance. I'd expect that in peak event times there will be
relay station staff with vests and flags much like what's used at certain
CBD stations during peak times (Central Platforms 16/17 in the morning,
18/19 in the evening, and Town Hall at certain times, maybe Wynyard too) to
give clear indications to the guard and control room person.

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport