Re: Olympic Sprint Platform - Lidcombe

In <7g06i3$69r@ob1.uws.EDU.AU> "Ben Staples" <98711576@student.hawkesbury.uws.edu.au> writes:

>As I travel by Lidcombe station on average ten times per week, I have
>noticed that half the length of the new Oplympic platform looks permenant,
>while the other half is built to a temporary standard. I have heard it said,
>that the SRA ultimately wishes to install a full length platform alongside
>No. 1 platfrom, which will create a new island platform. Trains travelling
>on the UpMn will be able to enter this platform road, and then head straight
>to Olympic Park without going back to the UpMn. The new platform raod will
>be the extension of the existing new terminating road. Has anyone else heard
>of this.

Nope, but have you seen the pitiful size of that 'subway' from the end of
platform 1 to platform 0? How is that going to handle full peak loadings of
passengers getting off trains on platform 1 wanting to go to Olympic Park
without causing a severe bottleneck?

Seems like a lot of things still have to change between now and o2k...

Regards,

Craig.
--
            Craig Ian Dewick            |       Stand clear - jaws closing
 Send email to craigd@lios.apana.org.au |  Visit my Australian rail transport