Re: 4 R's one train any way possible

Craig Haber (albatross@harnessnet.com.au) wrote:
> r.e. running 4 R's on one train - why not?

It would cost a small fortune to run. Patronage on the triple R to Bendigo
was not great.

>  How about quad-head to Ballarat,
> quad-head to Geelong, divide into 2 trains, parallel run to Newport?

I challenge WCR to organise it and wear the cost. :)

>  Or how about a 115km/h carset - 2hrs to Bendigo would be mincemeat!

2 hours to Bendigo is mincemeat for one R on a 115km/h set. R761 did
Bendigo to Franklin St in about 1h45m with the K set back in the 80s.
I suspect it was deliberately held there for some time as V/Line didn't
want to know that steam could do better than their new diesels.

Cheers
David