Re: 4 R's one train any way possible

G'day,

Anamul wrote:

> Guess what didn't make money the last two times and probably won't happen
> again (but new owners may change that).

In recent times I doesn't seem to have been advertised as well (only at the
last minute), give it a high profile and I'm sure it would draw the crowds.

r.e. running 4 R's on one train - why not?  How about quad-head to Ballarat,
quad-head to Geelong, divide into 2 trains, parallel run to Newport?  Or how
about a 115km/h carset - 2hrs to Bendigo would be mincemeat!  Should we not
do anything that wasn't done in the past?  In that case, was the Y+J+D3 tour
to Colac some time back a complete waste of time, because "it never
happened"?

The major constraint I see is that of crewing - if you could put together a
tour with the 4 R's, completed in 1 crew shift (ie, 8 steam qualified men),
it'd be OK.  If you need more than one crew shift, I think you'd struggle to
get 16 steam qualified men.

Cheers,
CH.
--