Re: Melbourne SG Traffic and Network Service Plan

In article <7g3943$e7n$5@mirv.unsw.edu.au> G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au (Geoff Lambert) writes:
>From: G.Lambert@unsw.edu.au (Geoff Lambert)
>Subject: Re: Melbourne SG Traffic and Network Service Plan
>Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:58:53 GMT

>krel4203@netconnect.com.au (Krel ) wrote:

>>On Tue, 20 Apr 1999 16:55:35 +1000, "Peter Mason"
>><Peter_Mason@nag.national.com.au> wrote:

>>>I have been looking through some of my older copies of the Network Service
>>>Plan and comparing them with the last one published in Decemebr 1998. There
>>>appears to be a significant amount of traffic deleted out of the plan,
>>>specifically Sydney and Adelaide standard gauge traffic.
>>>
>>>Why has this traffic been deleted out of the NSP?

>>NSP is published by VicTrack. It only shows trains that are operated
>>by PTC or its remnants.

>Actually, the most recent (and supposedly the last ever) NSP had
>reverted back to being published by V/Line if you judge by the logos
>on the cover.  Victrack published them only for about a year (?)

>One assumes that VicTrack needs to know what ALL trains on its lines
>are doing, so presumably some sort of comprehensive timetable exists
>within its system.  But not necessarily in paper form.

>Geoff Lambert

After 1st May , there would be no reason at all for Viktrak to know or even
care what trains were running over its Network,after all its all the
responsibility of the lessees,so the concept of a Timetable for all of
Victoria will be a thing of the past.
Obviously each Company may wish to have a timetable , but in the case of
VF there isnt really any need to have a timetable for freight trains, you
simply run them all as required.
Effectively the Train Controllers become the timetable writers .

MD