Re: Queensland Rail Loco-Hauled Services

Damian Clement (damian@vwtype3.freeserve.co.uk) wrote:
> I've found the following loco-hauled Brisbane suburbans, are there any more
> and can some one clarify the traction used?

> Electrics:
> 0700 Zillmere - Roma Street W9P2
> 0740 Manly - Bowen Hills W0P9
> 0751 Thorneside - Bowen Hills W0P1
> 1613 Roma Street - Caboolture W163
> 1703 Bowen Hills - Kingston W7P6

Don't take it as read that an electric will always appear on these trains.
3900s are often in short supply. Last time I was in Brisbane, W163 was
hauled by a 2400 class diesel. Hanging out the window (the guard didn't
mind) during the express running to Petrie was quite an experience.

Cheers
David