Re: Melbourne's Icons (was Melbourne's Anti-tram Lord Mayor)

David McLoughlin wrote:

> Jeff B. Kurland wrote:
> >
> 've heard an idea that's even sillier than that!  Some people think
> > they can replace trams (streetcars/light rail) with unguided rubber
> > tired vehicles powered by dirty internal combustion engines.
>
> I've met a few people like that, too. What strange ideas some folk have.

But these people have old fashioned ideas, if they were really up to
date they would know you would put the unguided rubber tyred vehicles on
a "bus only roadway" and call it a transitway.  By doing this you would
acheive the same successful public transport provided along the "bus
only lanes" in downtown Sydbey.

Chris