Re: Interstate Platform at Seymour

Chris Brownbill wrote:

> ..............Pete has photos of a train containing both BG and SG Rolling
> Stock
> > travelling at speed on dual gauge track !!
> > I think he said Port Augusta ?? Anyone know if this is right??
>
> More likely to have been Kadina to Snowtown in AN days where they did run
> dual-gauge trains for a short while in the '80s.  I dont know that they
> travelled at what could be called 'speed' though.

I've never heard of any realistic operation of trains with wagons of both
gauges over long distances. It would be possible under emergency conditions
where say a sg train derailed and the bg relief train cleared some vehicles
from the site. I reckon you would have trouble at terminal yards because I
would suspect that we never provided true triple gauge operation on all lines
in a yard. I don't think that you could get out of Snowtown yard in that
configuration. But then let's hear from our crowland friends.

David Langley.