Re: Countrylink website.

Matthew Halpin wrote in message <923657096.829113@smiggly.aljan.com.au>...
<snip>

>The staff on the Outback Express were like the journey itself, fantastic,
>you could see that this was one trip the staff enjoyed working.  This is a
>trip that everybody should do.

<more snip>

Back in the 70s I was a PTC of NSW employee at Broken Hill and I had
occasion to travel the BH - Parkes stretch regularly. I still remember the
time the down Silver City Comet failed somewhere west of Ivanhoe and an 80
class was called in to deputise. Unfortunately as the DP power van provided
lighting and aircon power, we had a quick trip in the dark. The passengers
and train crew all sat in the same car and sang along to country songs. This
epitomised the spirit of the old Comet. Perhaps it's the place that makes
the people more pleasant.

Barry Campbell