Re: SEC 'F' class question

I researched this for my article '40 years of F-class locos' (Oct.91 RNV,
still available for $4.50 to box 146 Surrey Hills).
The locos were delivered from UK in undercoat grey.
SEC ordered six locos: three for Newport (to be painted green), three for
Yallourn (to be painted aluminium).  There is no evidence of the locos ever
going to Yallourn, or being painted in the intended livery: they were
leased to VR.  The green livery is remembered, and ARHS attempted to
recreate it on the one in George Brown Park BUT there is no firm evidence
of the shade or of the trim detail.
Not all VR ones were black; there was a scarlet one for passenger shunting
at Spencer St.

--
Regards
Roderick Smith