Re: SEC 'F' class question

<<<<<Not all VR ones were black; there was a scarlet one for passenger shunting
at Spencer St.>>>>>>>

Are there any colour photos of F's in black? I'm not sure that many, if any,
were painted black. I've carefully looked at quite a few black and white photos
of F's in their early days and the tone shown always closely matches the goods
wagons in the photos. If they were black you would expect them to be a lot
darker in a black and white photo than a goods wagon that you know was painted
red.

All the early color photos of F's I've seen show them in red. Now it could be
expected that the colorful ones got more photographic attention but I'm
mystified as to why it seems that there are no colour photo's of them in black.
Someone like Norm DePommeroy would know if anyone could contact him.

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/