Re: Preston station torched

Michael Walker wrote:

> Of course nowadays they'd just take your details and fine you $100. Did
> either of you get fined or was discipline left up to your parents'?

My parents were sent a bill for the unpaid fare. My parents' idea of
discipline was a vicious bashing. Hence my fleeing to New Zealand as
soon as I was able.

David McLoughlin
Auckland New Zealand

"There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, the seas sleep and
the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song.
Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice and somewhere else
the tea is getting cold. Come on Ace, we've got work to do!"
-- The last words of the last BBC Dr Who, played by Sylvester McCoy, in
part three of Survival, screened December 6 1989. Ten years ago this
year.