Re: Preston station torched

<<<<<<<<They had ticket inspectors on the trains in those days, too. A friend
and I once wagged school, bought a return ticket from Box Hill to Surrey
Hills and rode into Flinders Street and back. Two of the gestapo got on
at Richmond on our way home and reported us to our school and parents,
the bastards.>>>>>>>

The bastards indeed! My only run in with them was at Newport workshops, the
year was 1977 I think. They put us in their car and drove us to Newport
station, and yes, they called my mum and dad too. When I got home they asked me
what I was doing, to which I aswered, "just photographing trains"

Mark.

Visit my train pic website at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~markbau/