Re: 620 Class In New Livery

"rod gayford" <rodjg@tpg.com.au> wrote in aus.rail:

>What sort of morons in State Rail are spending money on old junk like the
>620 Class. They could have used single deck inter urban trailer cars
>locomotive hauled but got rid of them all. They also cut up the Budd cars
>which were air conditioned. I would like to see a Royal Commission into
>State Rail. Everthing they touch they stuff up. Will they ever complete a
>project? A good example is the destination indicators on electric stock.

Well, I there might be a few Harris cars that can be reused. A bit
dirty I'll admit, but genooowine one-owner. They're yours if you can
dredge them up from a sand-pit in Clayton. VLPass might still even
have the plans to convert them to inter-urban use. The only problem
would be disposal of the asbestos lining, but, hey, at least the
indicators work - or used to.

Les Brown