Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

On 27 Oct 1998 03:42:15 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>Baldy (baldi@alphalink.com.au) wrote:
>> G522 is owned by NRC, but the PTC are refusing to hand it and the other G
>> class locos over to their rightful owners
>
>When did NR buy it off the Japanese lessors?
>
>Cheers
>David
They did not buy them of any one the share holders agreement states
that NRC was to get 7 (SEVEN ) G class locos as well as the C class
locos my guess is thst the PTC would be required to pay out the leases
and hand them over but it is in dispute for obvious reasons .IE take 7
G classes out of the PTC fleet and the PTC would be unable to run all
their services!! this will be settled in court soon as was the 81
class dispute in NSW slightly different as the later ones were leased
and they handed over 8101-8120 from memory the bottom line is it is
now a cuthroat business  and infact will probably store them as they
are not realy needed but why give a competitor an even brake!!!
regards Paul Johnston (Driver NRC Melbourne)