Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

In article <36366df6.4967544@news.bigpond.com>,
  gonoNOCRAP@bigpond.com.au wrote:
> On 27 Oct 1998 03:42:15 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
> wrote:
>
> >Baldy (baldi@alphalink.com.au) wrote:
> >> G522 is owned by NRC, but the PTC are refusing to hand it and the other G
> >> class locos over to their rightful owners
> >
> >When did NR buy it off the Japanese lessors?
> >
> >Cheers
> >David
> They did not buy them of any one the share holders agreement states
> that NRC was to get 7 (SEVEN ) G class locos as well as the C class
> locos my guess is thst the PTC would be required to pay out the leases
> and hand them over but it is in dispute for obvious reasons .IE take 7
> G classes out of the PTC fleet and the PTC would be unable to run all
> their services!! this will be settled in court soon as was the 81
> class dispute in NSW slightly different as the later ones were leased
> and they handed over 8101-8120 from memory the bottom line is it is
> now a cuthroat business  and infact will probably store them as they
> are not realy needed but why give a competitor an even brake!!!
> regards Paul Johnston (Driver NRC Melbourne)

 81 class dispute? I don't believe there was ever a problem with the 81s
except for the fact that the SRA handed over units that they did not own and
when this mistake was realised they exchanged the units for ones they did
own. Cheers Bob