Re: "Day of the Roses"

Daniel Gerrard wrote:

> On 26 Oct 1998 03:44:23 GMT, stepanas@newsserver.trl.oz.au (Paulius S
> >because it subverts the teaching of history, which is far more
> >important to our culture and society than the details of science.
>
> Haven't you noticed, no-one learns history courses any more, for
> confirmation look at your local high-school. (Ok schools of over about
> 3000 might have senior level classes)

I haven't been following this thread but I don't know where you get your
info about schools from.  At our school (like plenty of others in this
area) history is still very strong at senior levels.  We have 1100
students and we are also not a private school.

Liz

--
In vino veritas

In libro libertas

Elizabeth Irwin
Strathmore Secondary College,
Pascoe Vale Road,
STRATHMORE  3041
Ph -  03 9379 7999     Fax - 03 93792812
eirwin@alphalink.com.au