Re: New Vicorian rail/tram projects?

I can't see why an Ararat service couldn't work. You may have to build a
new dock platform near there the old one, i.e. to keep the track clear of
the relocated signal box.

The next logical thing would be to operate a cross-platform standard gauge
connection to points west, at least to Horsham if not Dimboola. The ex-AN
Budd cars would be most suitable for connecting with Sprinters. Provided
passengers had their luggage handled for them, I don't see why changing
trains would be that much of a hassle.

The Sunday up Echuca service has shown that passengers are still prepared
to change trains. If they are prepared to change from a train to a coach,
then why not to another train?

Cheers
David