Re: New Vicorian rail/tram projects?

On 28 Oct 1998 03:30:02 GMT, dbromage@fang.omni.com.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>I heard the Victorian government announced this morning the exnention of
>the Mont Albert tram line to Box Hill, and electrification to Sunbury. Is
>this true?
>
>Also got my Monash Alumni magazine today. One item says that former Monash
>student and West Coast Railway chairman Don Gibson (B Juris 1970, LLB
>1971) "plans to re-open the Bairnsdale line and is considering reinstating
>passenger services to Mildura and between Ballarat and Ararat".

Maybe to Ararat East. Getting into Ararat platform in the middle of a
standard gauge SAW section could be an expensive problem.

Even usimg the dock wouldn't help. You would still have to cross the
SG to access it and they have just moved Ararat 'A' box into the dock
area. It it surround by signal posts (and signals) for display. The
location for these posts seems to have been chosen by dropping the lot
out of a helicopter!!! Just like Ballarat in the old days, eh??

 Perhaps a platform near the old loco depot?

cheers

Krel
All's well that ends.