Re: RTM Election

Agree.
I suppose my point is that, for many visitors to Thirlmere (especially the
non-enthusiasts that actually comprise the bulk of paying visitors), it is
the condition of the amenities that will really determine their final
impressions, and whether they will recommend the museum to their friends as
a worthwhile experience.  Accordingly, funds must be balanced on the things
enthusiasts want (ie restored trains) and what customers expect (ie. clean
toilets with nappy change tables etc, somewhere to buy and barbeque / eat
some lunch, and decent paths so they they don't trip up as they walk around
he exhibits.)

Having said that, I beleive a small outlay of funds could drastically
improve the appearance of some of the static locomotives, eg. 5096 and 3085.
Basically all they need is a lick of paint and some grease on the moving
parts - and then they can continue in storage without being an eyesore.  A
compromise is needed for such cases, based on pragmatic assessment of what
can be afforded.

Ed