Re: WA L class ( WAS Austrac to operate in NW NSW.)

In article <3637F7C4.BFDEF152@nmit.vic.edu.au>,
  David <david@nmit.vic.edu.au> wrote:

> Maurie Daly wrote:
>
> > .
> > >They are very sad to see now Maurie, some of them have visible rust holes
in
> > >the panel work.
> >
> > At least they will have outlasted the ex Vline Cs and most likely the SRA
422s
> > .
> > Does Comalco at Weipa still have any , they used to have two which were
> > slightly differant design ,,heavier and without dynamic braking.
> > I really hope that someone does buy them and gets some use out of them .
> >

> I do wonder about those Weipa locos. I do know they purchased that loco from
WA,
> but was ut to replace or supplement their existing two locos ?  As far as I
know
> the Weipa locos have been through three paint schemes.
>
> Does anyone know the fate of the American SW6 switcher they have up there ?

 The switcher was advertised for sale last year after sitting idle for some
time. One of the GMs was overhauled by Clyde at Kelso (NSW) and was shipped
back on the ship (MV Mirrabella) that delivered the first 6 90 class to
Australia as a backload.