WA L class ( WAS Austrac to operate in NW NSW.)

Rod Young <berlina@bigpond.com> wrote, and I selectively quote:

>pps. Does anyone know about the WAGR L class sale????    I have heard Wisconn
>Central have bought them all, and are moving them all to South Australia for
>rebuilding????

>Is this V/Lines answer to a severe shortage of h.p.??   Does this mean they know
>something that we dont???  do they think they will get V/Line??  W.C would not
>need these Locos on their N.G. lines would they??

I suppose this could be the closest Victorians will get to hearing a
"C"  Class again...... the Ls are the same mechanically, aren't they?

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos

Reply to: steam4me@enternet.com.au

Web site at http://people.enternet.com.au/~steam4me
(last updated 22 October 1998 2300h approx.)
First photos of R711 in steam!