Re: WA L class ( WAS Austrac to operate in NW NSW.)

Maurie Daly wrote:

> .
> >They are very sad to see now Maurie, some of them have visible rust holes in
> >the panel work.
>
> At least they will have outlasted the ex Vline Cs and most likely the SRA 422s
> .
> Does Comalco at Weipa still have any , they used to have two which were
> slightly differant design ,,heavier and without dynamic braking.
> I really hope that someone does buy them and gets some use out of them .

I do wonder about those Weipa locos. I do know they purchased that loco from  WA,
but was ut to replace or supplement their existing two locos ?  As far as I know
the Weipa locos have been through three paint schemes.

Does anyone know the fate of the American SW6 switcher they have up there ?

David