Re: "Day of the Roses" filming locations

The Fourth Warrior wrote in message ...

>Being an ignorant Pommie bastard (an intelligent Englisman of good breeding
>without the necessary imformation) , and, not being normally a nosey parker
>(sticky beak) having only just subscribed to aus.rail would someone kindly
>give me the following material or its whereabouts:
>
> What is "Day of the Roses"?   Film, TV series, Documentary or what?
>
>Your solicitorous help would be very much appreciated in the backwoods of
of
>England.
>
>The Fourth Warrior.

"The Day of the Roses" was a two part television show (mini-series) based on
the Granville rail crash of 1977. The first part ran about 2 hours and the
second about 2.5 hours, including ads. Although the show was basically fact,
it was dramatised to make it make appealling to television viewers. The
scene was re-created in Toombul in Brisbane for the filming. The scenes of
the train before the crash were filmed where the train actually ran in the
Blue Mountains, using 4638 from the Rail Transport Museum which was
re-numbered 4620 for the show, the real 4620 was scrapped. The name of the
show comes from an event which started recently on the anniversary of the
accident where people gather at Granville to remember the victims and they
throw roses on the tracks.

--
Regards,
Chris Stratton