Re: R711's First Mainline Test Run

G'day,

Yuri J Sos/Melbourne AUS wrote:

> On 18 Nov 1998 07:12:54 GMT, "Roderick Smith" <rodsmith@werple.net.au>
> wrote, and I selectively quote:
>
> >I have found no triumphant postings of a move on Tuesday or one on
> >Wednesday.  Where is R711 as at 18.11 Wed.18.11?

Tues night it got to Warrenheip as posted (perhaps your server is slow
Rod?)

> off and getting a shot across Moorabool viaduct.  They passed through
> Lara about 1230 doing an estimated 75 km/h again.

There was a delay at North Geelong C, apparently a car had crashed through
the booms at some stage (whoops), holding things up a bit!

> I'd imagine there'd be some test runs tomorrow, including at least one
> run at 115km/h...... Craig, times please.... I need to block out
> appointments!

Yep, times are at
http://www.wcr.com.au/r711test.htm
(and attached below, but check the link for the latest updates)

Cheers,
CH (who should see it at WMB tomorrow afternoon when arriving on 8217).
Title: West Coast Railway - R711 Test Runs

WCR Logo

West Coast Railway

R711 Test Run Schedules

Note: Times should be considered a guide only, and may be subject to change

Circular S.98/55531

Thursday 19th November

Train Number 8273 R711, T369, BZ269, Nomuldi, BK711

Newport dep 0905
Geelong 1015*
Sth Geelong 1020-1030 8224
Winchelsea 1051*
Colac 1121*
Camperdown 1148-1310 8232
Terang 1326*
Warrnambool 1355

Train Number 8274

Warrnambool 1600
Terang 1630*
Camperdown 1646*
Colac 1713*
Winchelsea 1740*
Geelong 1810* Stable

  WCR Train

[Home] [Who and Where] [Timetables] [Fares and Tickets] [Contact Information]
[Day Tour - See The Whales!] [Group Travel] [Enthusiast Info] [News and Events]