Re: Modern high speed steam to Mackay.

>It still amounts to a reduction in service. The BAe 146s have business
>class, and the Canadair RJ200s (only ordered a few weeks ago) will not.
>Business travellers to the region are really going to enjoy that. Ditto
>to Ballina, Coffs Harbour, Hobart and Launceston.

The claim was made at the time that Kendell will offer more frequent
services with its smaller aircraft than Ansett could with the 146s. Of
course time will tell if that actually happens.

Economy passengers will not all be delighted either. When the new marvels I
arrive, I get to travel with my Boss, and talk shop instead of peer out the
window. Hmmmm.

>Also, the smaller jets will only be able to serve food of the type you get
>on the big turboprops. The meals on the 146 are not much different to the
>big jets.

No. They seemed exactly the same to me. It was the little turboprops that
served the superior food. Can't remember their name but the Qantas sidekick
that runs the Saabs from Canberra to Sydney had free drinks in Economy. Try
getting that in the Jet.

Here's to'ee!
Owen