Re: Cockatoo Run Saved!

Good news Bob!
What a shame that money like that cannot be forthcoming to Maitland to get
sister engine No 10 finished and running again.Probably being a Liberal
seat has
something to do  with it!  Maitland...the home of STEAMFEST!!!!!...trouble
is there's
no steam!
Cheers
Ray
 Gioia <gioia@fastlink.com.au> wrote in article
<4GN32.38$95.530660@WReNphoon2>...
>   This morning the Transport Minister Carl Scully made a surprise visit
> the
> Cockatoo Run train at Port Kembla prior to the departure.. He announced
that
> he
>  has steped in to save the service and announced various financial
> concessions
> towards the operation of this service. The service will still cease on
> November 24th
>  however it will recommence in early March 1999. This announcement came
as a
> complete
> surprise to the staff involved with the service many of who had recently
> received
> their redundancy notices and were already looking for alternate jobs.
Todays