Re: Pinaroo Line

Peter Homann and Stuart Thyer wrote:

> >> It has been reported in sundry mags that the Pinaroo line is being converted
> >> to SG.  .....

> >It would be nice to see the PTC rerail the line through from the border to Pinnaroo as there are apparently silos at the Ouyen end that are curreently only serviced by non-existent BG services.

IF Genesee and Wyomic are the successful purchaser of V/Line Freight,
can we expect to see lots of changes .... ??

> According to the just received Port Dock "Catchpoint", the project was
> scheduled to be completed in late October.
> Anyone got any updates based on fact? (eg eyewitness reports)

Yes, Australia Southern Railroad's Pinnaroo line IS standard gauge and
the project IS comleted - They have already run SG trains through to the
end of the line - there will be many Australia Southern SG grain
services (mainly to Lameroo) during the next few weeks.

Will hopefully keep readers up to date ...