Re: Meeting with Speedrail

David wrote:

> > > I thought the whole idea of magnetic levitation was to reduce friction.
> > > What parts of the train, if any, actually touch the guide-rail when it is
> > > moving? How about when it stops?
> >

> And being a very strong magnetic field - will the humans inside suffer like they
> say mobile phones do ?????

The magnetic field from the lifting magnets and all other components
inside a TR (at seat level) is 40% more intensiv then the magneitc field
from the earth. Your hair dryer sends a field 15 TIMES more intensiv.
Watching TV (4m distance) is roughly 5 TIMES more intensiv magntic
field.

Bye
C.Legeland

--
Christian LEGELAND       Fakultaet fuer Physik     Theoretische Physik
Universitaet Bielefeld   Universitaetsstrasse 25   33615 Bielefeld