Re: FreightCorp to Melbourne

robbie@alphalink.com.au (Rob O'Regan) wrote, and I selectively quote:

>>> After several months of delays, the first FreightCorp train to Melbourne
>>> will run on Wednesday. s.
>
>8173 was noted passing through Boadmeadows on the up at approx 1025am on
>Wednesday 4/11/1998. Consist was about 10 wagons, some loaded, some empty
>including NOCY, NQOY and NQFX class wagons, most with "Freightcorp" titles.

Now I'm confused.

According to posts on "Sightings", this train ran to Tottenham Loop,
the engine ran round, then the train proceeded to  CRT siding,
Newport.

Why is it that if a Patrick's train has to shunt from Appleton Dock to
North Dynon, it has to run to McIntyre Loop for the locos to run round
(as McIntyre Loop has a number three road where a train will *NOT* be
left on a running line), yet this Freightcorp train can leave its
train in Totty Loop, a running line, and run round.

[Set Paranoia Mode ON]
Is this just a bit of anti-ASR bastardry by VicTrack? V/Line? NR?  Are
some trains more equal than others? Do Freightcorp flats have better
handbrakes?
[Set Paranoia Mode OFF]

Perhaps a driver can explain the difference to me.

Regards

Yuri
--
Yuri J Sos