Re: Derails on Trans

"David & Jan Winter" <winterd@nospam-icenet.com.au>
wrote:

>I'm referring to the TAR, Pt Augusta - Kalgoorlie.

Yes, I know what you are referring to, I am interested
in what the rumours are re "recent" derailments.!

The Trans line has seen a tremendous amount of activity
on re-working 'sus' welds, ballasting and resurfacing
etc, in the past 12 months.  The "new" owners (ARTC) no
doubt are spending part of the Feds $250 million grant
to the national network and have track machines and
gangs working in sections across the entire length.

I am not aware of any recent *major* derailment(s).
But .........I stand corrected.

Cheers

----Terry Burton