Re: Derails on Trans

Over many years, railway staff and enthusiasts have mentioned the
derailments in a manner "we all know about this, even though we don't talk
about it." I've sort of knowingly nodded and wandered off, wondering. Truck
drivers (now here's a surprise) equally speak of it as a known truth.

As far as I'm concerned, they're just rumours - and they probably date from
ANrails days - and perhaps not a little sour grapes.

What I wanted to do was see if there are some hard data? Is the "Trans" more
derailment prone on a
per km, per tonne/km, per route basis than any other key leg of the
interstate mainline network?

DW