Re: How many NR locos are now written of?

NRC only received :

13 x 81's
7 x  G's
10 x BL's
9 x AN's
15 x DL's
10 x C's

The 81's are now used for yard shunters Australia wide.
The G's are still under dispute with the Vic Govt ?
The C's are in storage again I think ?

The new NR's were purchased to bring the overall cost of running a train down to an acceptable level.

How many trucking companies have trucks over ten years old on their books for interstate haulage?

Not many I can tell you.

The NR's have made a hugh impact on on-time reliability, and the overall cost of fuel to the company.

If you can't get your trains to the destination on time, no matter what the price or how low it is
you are going to lose customers. The NR's have brought the on-time delivery into the terminals up to
95%.

This is a far cry from having only 40 - 50 % getting there on time, with those old pieces of shit
that kept falling over every time you looked at them.

Regards,

Graham D Baker,
NRC Driver Sydney.