Re: Tangara Set T84

In article <71nt80$bn1$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>,
  rffergus@socs.uts.edu.au wrote:

> I don't think that brighter fabric would look any more tatty or dirty than the
> fabric that is currently used on Tangaras, which don't hide the filth
> particularly well either. Good examples are the covers on the the trams and
> low floored STA buses, or some of the fabrics used as an experiment on a
> CityDecker set.

The fabric on the low-floor buses surprised me in the fact that they don't
show much dirt.  At first I thought they would, and having graffiti-like
patterns pre-printed on the fabric looked really gawdy.  But it has grown on
me and looks real good when the bus is fully fitted out in it, even when 3
years old.  And no doubt replacement of the seat pads has dropped
dramatically compared to other vehicles.  I am yet to see any of the seat
covers with visible graffiti so it is really effective.  It would be great if
CityRail had similar.

--
Paul McCabe