Re: Arcadia Mine

David DONALD <dsjmd@bigpond.com> wrote in article
<356948ab.1@139.134.5.33>...
> Does anyone know anything about the likely rail transportation of the
> products from the new Arcadia Mine, to the south of Orange.  My
> understanding is that it will be railed from Blayney.
>
> Any information, please.
>
> Regards
> David

I have references to further info about the Cadia mine for those interested
in its past and future.  It certainly seems now to have potential for rail
transport of a gold/copper concentrate which is intended for smelting
overseas.  The concentrate will be produced in rather large quantities, and
I don't think the Blue Mountain communities would be too happy about
additional heavy trucks along the Great Western Highway.

For a very interesting read on the history of earlier mining at Cadia, the
Cornish Association have researched it very well - refer to
http://www.ozemail.com.au/~jlsymo/cadiaone.htm

The mine owners (Newcrest) have a site which gives an insight into the
massive scale of the project and the expected returns - refer to
http://www.newcrest.com.au/Nmldevel.htm  You can also get contacts for the
firm at this site.

Hope the above is of use
Regards