Big derailment. Melb yard 25/5

A large derailment took place in Dynon yard last night app 5.30- 6.00 last
night.  From what  I can gather, the SCT train was being pushed back from
across the river bridge when it split points/fell off/had road thrown
underneath it in the vicinity of the NR provisioning centre.
>From what I could see, at least 1 wagon was 90 deg across the yard, this
was one of the big SCT green louvre wagons.  Although I don't know the
yard layout in this area, it would appear the wagon was slewed across the
top of the provisioning centre yard, trapping locos in the area.
As this area is the throat of the yard, the whole of the melbourne yard
was blocked, nothing could get in or out.
Overland passengers were sent to Adelaide by bus.  The incoming XPT was
terminated at Seymour.  When I went to the yard app 2000 it was very
strange as the yard was silent, all locos on their trains but shut down.
Reports said that 2 locos had been struck by wagons, I could not see these
clearly, but possiblt the Sealink NR was one of these.

Warning:  Nothing here is gospel except for the fact that something did derail.

Don't know what time services resumed last night.  I do know that the
Overland was due to run thru empty cars to Adelaide, they were not going
to swap off the buses.

--
Stuart Thyer  Suzuki Gs1000s
Photographer  University of Melbourne