NSW carriage classes was Eight Car XPT sets on Brisbane XPT

>I don't say that there was any real logic to it but if you use the following you
>will get some sort of an idea of how it worked.
>B  First
>F  Secind or Economy
>C Composite
>F  Buffet
>AM  Sleeping Car
>HO   Passenger Guards Van
>HG   Goods  Guards Van
>L  Lavitory/toilet fitted
>There may be other examples that others may remember. The codes were 2 or 3
>letter and included one of the above letters to indicate the type of car it was.

F is the first letter in the word FIRSt and stands for SECOND class; B
is the second letter of the alphabet and stands for FIRST class.

H stands for either Hair-conditioned OR Horrible guard:-) (sorry
David).

R stands for food.

RMS stands for food, Main South.

AM or MA stands for Asleep Mainline or Mainly Asleep.

AC stands for Asleep Crashing around on a branchline.

K stands for mail or pidgeons or prison or parcels.

L for Loo.

AAH stands for Another A-Holes special train.

BCS for Big Club Southern aurora

X for heated from loco (Xtremely useless)

E for heated from power van (see above)

Lots of letters were used for different classifications and sometimes
different letters mean the same thing. weird, eh?

Then, of course, there were sets.
CUB, RUB, HUB, NCR, NIB, NAB, NOB, WAB, SAB, SIB, SOB, SUB, SEB,.
( I think some lunatic from the south of England thought this up)

Confused ???
Good, so am I. ( what was the kweschun????)

Cheers

Krel

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather; not screaming and scared shitless like his passengers.