Freight Question

Can some one explain to me why:

G.S.R  freight train   travelling east past Port Pirie was carrying
double decker containers  (ie: stacked two high per wagon) with
two locos !!!

Same day a GSR  freight train travelling west through Peterborough
carrying what seamed less freight and none doubled up but this
train had three locos up front.

Why carry containers Doubled up on wagons instead of hooking
on extra wagons and locos , if both containers were full would
they put an overload on the wheel bearings !!!

What would be the increase in freight that  G.S.R has carried
across the continent east west and visa versa in the past 4 weeks
compared to the previous Month my guess is a 30% increase.

These probably sound like stupid questions , even so I would
appreciate it very much if some one will answer them for me.

A freight watcher
                        Peterborough  !! I love those horn blasts..

 --
Dirtcircuit Videos
dirtcircuitvideos@bigpond.com