Re: 3820

Darren Yates (dyates@pnc.com.au) wrote:
>What are the chances of the RTM getting 3820 operational?
>It wouldn't be a bad idea while the blokes who fixed up 3830 are still
>around...

Didn't we have this argument a few months ago?

My personal preference would be to use bits of 3813 to get 3820
operational, although there would be factional problems between various
societies about this. 3820 would at least look a bit different to 3830,
even if it is only the colour.

However I don't really see the need for another operational 38. The money
could be better spent on something else which doesn't have a working
example, such as 3526. As a longer term project, it would be nice to see
locomotive no. 1 running again in 2005 for the 150th anneversary.

Cheers
David