Re: Beresfield Accident Findings

Tezza wrote:

> wallaby@fl.net.au wrote in message <6ica03$tml$1@nnrp1.dejanews.com>...

> activate
>
> >> in the suburban area with trips at all signals. This would stop any train
>
> >I know the enginemen hate the thought of it,  but wouldn't it be simpler to
> >install a vigilance device in parallel with or in lieu of the deam man
> device
> >on electric trains?
>
> Vigos are no good, it's been proven that you can keep pressing the button in
> your sleep. This is probably what happened at Beresfield, though I haven't
> read the actual report.
>
> >Sure,  this doesn't protect against colour blindness
>
> You can't drive a train in NSW if you're colour blind.

I'm not so sure about that. I knew a guy that tried to become a signalman but
got knocked back because he was colourblind. He became a labourer at Eveligh
Workshops. Eventualy he became a pay bus driver and when the pay buses finished
up he was transfered to loco and today he is a colourblind driver. Seems odd but
it is true.
Bob