Re: Beresfield Accident Findings

MarkBau1 wrote:

> <<<<<<Burlington Northern was using such a system over a decade ago. Train
> controllers could use what they called "remote intervention" and activate
> the train brakes if necessary.
>
> Cheers
> David>>>>>>>
>
> Really? Would you mind explaining this system? Are you sure you were not just
> reading a TRAINS magazine article about a proposal? To my knowledge no such
> system (or the technology required to implement it) has ever existed on a US
> railroad! Are you getting confused with L.A.R.S?

It would be extremely simple to implement.  Whilever there is radio
communication, this is possible.  Freight Corp's new train radio system will
allow the controller to see an upcoming head-on collision via the GPS.  If the
radio system was designed correctly, the controller should also be able to stop
both trains.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard