Re: Passenger services and the Moss Vale - Woolongong line.

Chris Stratton wrote:

> AFAIK no Xplorers
> have worked on the line but that doesn't mean they can't.

There are publicity photos of Xploders at Mt Murray crossing loop.

> I know of at least
> one XPT that has worked up the mountain (in the Down direction) but I don't
> know of any coming down (in the Up direction).

The XPT is not fitted with a dynamic brake, but in an emergency, I'm sure
special dispensation could be given to allow it to travel down the hill.  The
X2000 tilt train went down the hill, and all the smoke alarms were going off in
the tilt cars from the brake shoes on the XP units.  I think about a year ago
ST-1 was diverted via Wollongong.

--
David Johnson
CityRail Guard