Things haven't changed...

>From the 'Northern Territory News' March 31 1998 'On this day... 10
years ago' column:

[Begin]

"Sydney Developer Warren Anderson confirmed his interest in the Alice
Springs to Darwin railway yesterday.

He said: "Of course I'm interested. I can build the rail link for the
Northern Territory."

Mr Anderson also confirmed he had put in a bid for the new Darwin
Airport terminal.

He said: "I am confident about the future of the Northern Territory and
want to be part of it."

He said he would meet the Chief Minister Steve Hatton in Sydney today to
begin work on the final details of the proposed new Parliament House and
Supreme Court.

[End]

Ten years later, we're still no closer to a rail link to Darwin...

Alan Wilson (Poddy)                    http://www/zeta.org.au/~awilson
awilson@zeta.org.au                              awilson@topend.com.au
          Greetings from the Northern Territory of Australia