Re: Sleepers & fencing on the Maribyrnong River

On 31 Mar 1998 06:46:49 GMT, dbromage@metz.une.edu.au (David Bromage)
wrote:

>Krel (krel4203@netconnect.com.au) wrote:
>>Noted on Sunday 29/03/98 on the Maribyrnong River line between the
>>junction and Dynon road bridge was five passenger cars. They are
>>"Goulburn", 2 x green and cream clerestory roof cars and 2 blue and
>>yellow steel cars.
>
>Goulburn is a Steamrail car, so my guess is the others would be Inman,
>Coliban, Werribee and Indi. Werribee and Indi are air-conditioned
>sleepers. Inman and Coliban were recently obtained from SteamRanger.
>
>>Is the MRL closed ???
>
>No, it's open for traffic. A Steamrail charter?

Weird. The cars are on the 'main' line AND are now fenced in. IE the
fence is across the line both in front of and behind the cars. There
is no gate, just 2m high chainlink fence across the track. Weird.
Filming set, maybe????? I dunno.

Cheers

Krel
When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather; not screaming and scared shitless like his passengers.