Sleepers & fencing on the Maribyrnong River

Noted on Sunday 29/03/98 on the Maribyrnong River line between the
junction and Dynon road bridge was five passenger cars. They are
"Goulburn", 2 x green and cream clerestory roof cars and 2 blue and
yellow steel cars. I suspect that they are all sleepers. They have
been fenced in with 2m high chainlink and a caravan and Kombi are also
in this new compound. A power cable is connected to the cars.

What's happening ????????

Is the MRL closed ??? Are the cars and compound permanent or
temporary. Does SteamRail have any involvment ????
Can anyone identify all the cars ????

Cheers

Krel

When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather; not screaming and scared shitless like his passengers.