Re: Passenger services and the Moss Vale - Woolongong line.

Chris Stratton (stratton.chris.cp@bhp.com.au) wrote:
>Endeavours worked the last of the SRA passenger services between Wollongong
>and Moss Vale so there would be no problems with them. AFAIK no Xplorers
>have worked on the line but that doesn't mean they can't.

Xplorers and Endeavours are pretty much the same beasts so there shouldn't
be any problem.

CityRail would most likely run replacement buses between, Moss Vale and
Picton or Picton and Campbelltown. Their patronage is along that corridor
so it would be pretty pointless diverting Endeavours.

Countrylink could divert XPTs and Xplorers, but the problem would be
finding crews qualified to work that line.

>I know of at least
>one XPT that has worked up the mountain (in the Down direction) but I don't
>know of any coming down (in the Up direction).

The X2000 made a VIP demonstration run via Robertson. There is a picture
at http://www.railpage.org.au/pix/XPT/X2000_Robertson.jpg

Cheers
David